Monday, June 15, 2009

Say a little prayer for us!

We got some bad news on Thursday when Paul was told that he was being laid off from his job of nearly 3 years at JE Dunn Construction. These last few days for us have been a whirlwind of emotions. With having a baby 3 weeks ago, I was already a basket case, so you can imagine how I was when he broke the news to me. Paul has been remarkably optomistic about the whole thing which has helped me get a grip of this situation.
I was really nervous to go to church yesterday, because I still can't talk about it without getting emotional and I knew word would spread fast. Paul and I were so overwhelmed at the outpouring of love and support we received. We just want to thank everyone for their prayers (and cookies, you know who you are!). We KNOW that will help get us through this trial. Paul and I have great faith that this will only make us stronger and help us remember to rely more on the Lord and His plan.
With the economy being as it is, we are a little nervous that finding a new job may take a while, but we realize we are not alone in this struggle. You are a blessing in our lives and we are gratelful to have such a big support system. We love you all, please keep us in your prayers!

6 comments:

Kelley said...

We will definitely pray for you. I was very sad when Paul told us the news, but I'm sure things will work out fine for you. The clincher is not knowing what "fine" looks like. At least you can be sure that the Lord has not forgotten you.

Love you!

Robin said...

Ditto! You are in our prayers daily. Such a beautiful family! So glad that we know you and that we have you in our ward.

Stephanie said...

We will keep you in our prayers Christy.

athompson said...

I think this is everyones greatest fear right now.. We will definitely pray for you..

Hillary said...

I'm so sorry. You guys are such great people, I know something will turn up for you. Our family will pray for you for sure. We love you all!

Millionaira said...

oh that's so stinky...prayers your way!