Tuesday, June 2, 2009

OUR ANGEL!!!!!

WELCOME baby Kendall Paul Johnson. We have been blessed with a beautiful baby boy! He is the sweetest mild mannered little one, and we are completely in love with this little bundle of joy. He was born May 21st at 3:58 p.m. after a very easy labor and delivery (mom was very happy about that). He weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz. and is 21 in. long. So Paul and I went into the hospital to be induced at 7:30 a.m. I was hooked up and ready to go at 8:00. At that time, I was at a 2 and 70% effaced. It took me till 3:00 to get to a 3 and get fully effaced. At noon, the anesthesieologist (sp?) was next door, and the nurse noted that he was the only one that day, so if I wanted an epidural, now was a good time. I remember thinking, man I am only at a 3, what a wimp you are Christy. But what the heck, I am going to have this baby, pain or no pain. So I opted for no pain. So from noon to 3, I slept and Paul paced the floor being bored out of his mind. So when they checked me at 3:00 and I was still just at a 3, Paul asked if he could go to Lowes and check out some closet stuff for the basement, I didn't have a problem with that. He was dying to do something other than sit on their uncomfortable couch. Well, the problem was that while he was gone, I went from a 3 to a 10 in 45 minutes. My mom tried to get a hold of him from 3:40 to 3:50 and he wasn't answering his cell phone (it was dead and he was charging it in his car!!!!!!) I could have strangled him. Finally he answered his phone and mom told him to get back to the hospital. So meanwhile, the doctor was there and we were just waiting for him to show up so we could get this show on the road. Good thing I had an epidural or there was no way I would have waited. Needless to say, he felt a little sheepish for leaving, but we had no idea I would go that fast.
So here is our family. I still can't believe we have 5 kids!!!!! It doesn't seem real. Paul and I are feeling really blessed right now! How great it is to have 5 healthy children as sweet as they are. Heavenly Father has truly blessed my life with such a great family! The hardest thing about having Kendall is making sure each kid gets a chance to hold him. "That's not fair" is said WAY too much in our house. It is driving me crazy! Oh well, I will just have to deal with it. I really have no room for complaints. Oh, the nursing thing is tough, the only thing I have to say is "OUCH". It is getting better every day, but I have forgotten the pain since I last nursed Andrew. Speaking of nursing, it's about that time.
Thanks to those who have visited, brought flowers and yummy meals. It has helped out tons ad I am very grateful! Thanks again. And I owe a very special thank you to my mother in law who watched the kids ALL day on the 21st. She was truly worn out when Paul came to relieve her that night. And a very special thank you to my mom. She took my kids for a whole week and showed them a great time at her house so I could recover in peace with Kendall. You are a lifesaver. I love you so much!

8 comments:

Robin said...

He is a beautiful baby. So happy for you. Glad we got a chance to visit with all the young women.

cd said...

So Cute! Congrats!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your little boy! He's so cute! I'm glad to know everything went well for you guys! And your home updating looks fabulous! You guys have done some really beautiful work!

Kelley said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful, and YOU look FANTASTIC! Are you sure you had just had the baby when that picture was taken? Wow!!!

I so wanted to come see you while you were pregnant. I always forgot to call, but we stopped by every time we were in Platte City. We must have missed you every time. I'll warn you next time. I'm sure you were a gorgeous pregnant lady!

Love you!

Hillary said...

Christy!! Congratulations! I love the picture of your (I can't say little anymore) family. I'm so glad things went well and that Paul was able to tear himself away from Lowe's! He is so busted. As far as nursing goes, I kept track with Preslie and it was at three weeks when I didn't nearly make my lip bleed or cry. Hang in there! You are such a good Mom and example to all of us thinking, three kids is enough...right? I'm so happy for you, he is darling!

Sleepless Sabra said...

Your family is so beautiful. I'm so happy for you all. Congratulations! I've been checking the blog a lot watching for new baby pics. He's darling and we LOVE the name!

athompson said...

What in the world.. I get on your blog and there are lots of new updates...I am so excited for you, and am so glad you have your healthy baby finally here.. I'm glad pregnancy can finally be over for you.. I need your phone # so I can talk to you on the phone... Congratulations!

Millionaira said...

LOL there always needs to be something fun in each birth story :) me, this last time i was dilated to a 7 and NOT in labor...i thought it was some kind of joke LOL...i can't complain though, once things got going 1 hr 57 min later we had our little #3 girl...LOL