Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Basement update


So did I mention that we are finishing our basement. We started framing the basement last spring and two weeks ago, the sheetrock was was hung. It is so exciting. Paul tried his had at electric work and mastered it (thanks to Bud for all of the help). All of the mudding and taping is finished up and we will start painting next week. I can not tell you how much I am dreading this stage. I painted the whole upstairs (with some help from Adam and Taylor) when we built this home, and I still have not forgotten how much work it was. So, I will keep you updated on the progress.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Good luck with all of that. It sounds like things are coming along nicely, though I can totally understand the dread about the painting. What colors are you going to do it in?

Ben and Laurie said...

I can't wait to see it when you are all finished!

Kass Martin said...

I'm so excited to see the final look! It's going to be so great. You'll never want to leave your house. It was so fun being with you in Cali. I loved every minute of it. I loved how much fun Dayne and Bridget had with your kids. They are adorable. I have been looking through pictures and am missing it already.